Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abrupt weaning, any success stories?

Default Re: Abrupt weaning, any success stories?

D'oh! Antibiotics...gotcha lol. Well I'll give the neosporin a go..and if it doesn't seem to help in a day or two, I'll talk to my doc again
    Thank you We have overcome alot...this is a real doosey...the worst, even the initial pain in the beginning when we first started (which I thought was aweful) doesn't come close to touching this pain

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    this thread is so sad.

Every time she scrapes or bites, tell her "gentle" and "no biting". If she digs in her teeth, unlatch her. Try to open your mouth and show her what she needs to do when she nurses. Have you tried manually opening her mouth when she is latched on?
    Yes, this has been QUITE the sad time in my life...miserable..
    You know..it's like, she opens her mouth and boom her tooth finds the wound..she needs to lay down to sleep, so there's really no other position I can do that in besides us facing eachother. I like the opening my mouth and trying to get her to imitate that idea..if she will follow When you say manually opening her mouth...do you mean sticking a finger in to unlatch her? Which I am not sure I am doing right..even that causes some pain
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

Now with the football hold, I was thinking her teeth would end up in the same spot, because the wound is if you look right down at your nipple, it's just a smidge bit to the left of the center, so I figured her teeth would be ontop if I had her in the football hold, KWIM? I wonder if there's another way..even when I have her in cradle..it's like worse, for some reason laying is the least painful (and I say least lightly!)
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

9-25-08

4-30-10

I think she means, like gently pulling her chin down to open her mouth wider before she latches (correct me if I'm wrong).
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

What about if you lay so she is upside down on your breast? I mean so her feet are up above your head while you guys are lying facing each other.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Are both your nipples injured?

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Wink Re: Abrupt weaning, any success stories?

Ahhh...ok I will definately try the opening her mouth wider by her chin gently technique, I'll give it a go~and I LOVE the idea of her laying upside down my hubby and I got a good giggle out of that, it should be interesting, but her top sharp little teethy definately wouldn't be on that wound spot! Thanks for the idea!
    And unfortunately, it IS both nipples....my bad, I should have caught onto what was happening earlier.. Dope. I could have tried to fix it a couple of weeks ago, this is what my hub thought it was...soooo smart, huh? He finally took her for a car ride last night at 1:30 because I couldn't take anything anymore, and to top it off she was gassy, so that was disturbing her sleep which was waking her more, and my nipples just couldn't take it! This was the first time he's taken her for a car ride without me..but she went right to sleep and he drove with her for an hour, mama got some much needed undisturbed sleep...not quite enough! But finally..and today after I posted earlier, I tried to wait until her mouth was open wide enough, and then I quick got it in there, and it wasn't so bad! For some reason..the letdown hurts really bad always, but once we got pased that...
    See when she nurses, she is either twiddling the other nipple, or she uses her hand to push against my chest, and that pulls her mouth closer to the end of my nipple, instead of staying latched appropriately with more in her mouth...stinker! It was a battle today, but she managed to stay latched pretty well, even though she tried to make it shallow..I wonder why she does that??? Thank you for the links, I'll give them a look and see if there's anything new I haven't seen yet.. I have done so much research lately! I was really feeling hopeless..thanks for the ideas ladies, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and pray we can fix this! Any other position ideas?

9-25-08

4-30-10

Good to hear some positive success momma!!!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Glad to see you've made some progress mama!

Lots of great advce so far. You can work through this!
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

I agree. DD nurses standing up sometimes when my nipples are sore. Good luck!