Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Block feeding and returning to work

Default Block feeding and returning to work

One more question...the block feeding is helping with my OALD and BF my four week old; however, I am returning to work in another month and will have to start pumping soon for a supply.

My question is how long do I block feed? Indefinitely? I am offering one breast each feeding and the other at the next feeding. Will this effect my supply in the opposite direction meaning not enough milk? Will I be able to pump enough?

Anyone with experience and or advice about this, please help.

Thanks.

Default Re: Block feeding and returning to work

Your supply hasn't evened out yet so I would stick with block feeding if your LO is doing well. Maybe try a day, or half a day, of 'normal' (i.e. both boobs) feeding on a Saturday to see how it goes. You can always return to block feeding on Sunday if you find your OALD and OS returns or worsens. Just a suggestion...

I had to block feed for a while after returning to work when DS was 2.5 months old. I also had to block pump at work. By 3.5 mo, my supply had evened out and I was rid of both problems.

Good luck!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky