Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: starting solids soon w/ a few questions

Default Re: starting solids soon w/ a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nessasmama View Post
    I like the idea of BLS, but I also want to be in a constructive dialogue with our pedi, so it is great to have pointers to the resources you indicate.
    Just so you know, a lot of us tell little white lies at the pediatrician's office.
    "Is she eating 3 large meals of solid foods a day?" "Oh, yes."
    "Are you giving her fruit?" "No, of course not, just veggies."
    "Is she sleeping through the night?" "She sleeps very well, thanks for asking!"

There isn't much advice on solids feeding that's evidence-based, and you will find HUGE variation on the subject from pediatrician to pediatrician. So when you're in that "constructive" dialogue with your pediatrician, don't be afraid to follow your instincts.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Just so you know, a lot of us tell little white lies at the pediatrician's office.
    Good point - I can be a bit of a deer in the headlights when it comes to "authority figures" that I just do what they say. But I am the authority figure when it comes to Nessa!

Anna, mama to baby Nessa born on 4/19/09 at 4 lb 13 oz - now she's 18 lbs!
    Loving cloth diapers
    Know someone with breast cancer in southern California who is struggling financially? We help low-income women with breast cancer.
    194 * * * ****140****135

somebody suggested frozen BM teething cubes? BRILLIANT! my little guy is almost out of the teething stage, but I'm definitely going to remember this for future use. Thanks!