Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: washing pump parts at work

Default washing pump parts at work

Hello-
    For those of you that pump at work, how do you handle washing pump parts in between pumping sessions? I'm not sure I would want to take them to the only restroom on the floor which is always crowded. Do you just have lots of parts so you don't need to wash them during the day? Or is it ok to use several times without washing and just do it when I get home? Thanks for any advice!!

Default Re: washing pump parts at work

Breast milk stays good for up to 8 hours so many mamas don't wash pump parts. They sometimes put the parts in the fridge between sessions too.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Breast milk stays good for up to 8 hours so many mamas don't wash pump parts. They sometimes put the parts in the fridge between sessions too.
    As pp said, bm is good for up to 8 hours at room temp. What I did was to put my pump parts in the fridge (in the cooler bag with my milk) in between pumpings. I didn't want to use the bathroom sink , and the wipes are really expensive - plus, it was a big time-saver. (Okay, just a few minutes, but those add up quick.) I would wipe the horns out with a clean napkin, so that they wouldn't drip and make everything sticky, but that's all I did until I got home.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I would just do a quick rinse of the horn in between sessions and dry it with a napkin. I used the sinks in the breakroom and just wait until after I got home to rinse it out after the last session.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

I just rinse all my parts out with hot water and then leave them to dry on a towel on the shelves next to my desk. There are many people that see me doing this, but I am not ashamed in the least and never try to hide it. Afterall, what I am doing is caring for my baby.

Proud Vegetarian Momma

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*isaiahsmommy View Post
    but I am not ashamed in the least and never try to hide it. Afterall, what I am doing is caring for my baby.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png