Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nursing at night??

Unhappy nursing at night??

my 4 1/2 old baby boy nurses every 2hrs at night... he doesnt take long naps during the day, so its not that he is sleeping during the day and not at night. just seems to be very hungry... help!

Default Re: nursing at night??

My son is the same way and he's 7 months now. He has always been this way with only a day or two here and there when he would go for really long periods of time at night. His average now is about 3 hours. I don't know how to make it change either. You and I both just have really big eaters I guess.

Proud Vegetarian Momma

My 10 months old still nurses every two hours at night.

A lot of times teething and developmental milestones can cause sleeplessness. Besides the discomfort of making teeth, they want to practice new things over and over and get restless.

Do you cosleep? It's a lifesaver.

Amen, to cosleeping being a lifesaver! Whenever I hear him stirring, looking for the breast I just put it near him, he latches on and I fall back to sleep even before he is through. It has been the only way I can get even a remotely good night's sleep.

Proud Vegetarian Momma

Wink Re: nursing at night??

thanks ladies!! i use the cosleeper too. i was hoping there was a secret method to having him sleep longer. time for bed now.. g.night!!