Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I NEED him to cut back

Default Re: I NEED him to cut back

It's hard...what about taking some deep breaths and thinking about something else? Maybe change the bedtime routine so you nurse while you can watch t.v. or something and then lay with him while he goes to sleep?

I remember in the beginning of my pregnancy with Owen feeling like I was crawling out of my skin when Emma would nurse. It hurt and was really hard. But it totally got better, although I limited her nursing.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

No advice, just wanted to say I feel for you. I've really cut down on DD's nursing time which makes me so sad because she is still young, but it literally makes me feel like I'm going to go nuts every time I nurse. I think it's down to having hardly any milk left, and the sensation of nursing on dry boobies is totally . I feel really guilty about it because she still needs it SO much, but I'm no good to her if I'm just resentful and unhappy every time she nurses. Sigh.

I think you are a for nursing two while pregnant...I'm hardly coping with one!
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

I'm just so tired, and its painful, and I can't sleep while its painful. So I am up all night. And he's sick and so am I and we both need our rest, but i feel like if I stay up all night nursing him I don't get any sleep. And him wanting to nurse all the time and to switch back and forth nonstop, during the day, starting and stopping is just getting to be too much. It probalby will get better after the pain goes away, so if I can just make it that much longer.

Haylee is totally intoa party, but not giving up nursing afterward. She said, "How about...we have a party AND I get to nurse afterward."

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Well, I thought I would update. Its been really hard. It hurts and makes me anxious, and I'm already anxious enough without that. Dd spent a few nights with my mom (her choice) and when she came back we just naturally progressed into tucking her in in her bed instead of her lying down with W and I before going to her bed. She hasn't nursed in over a week, and she asked a couple times yesterday but we had talked about getting her dance lessons if she weaned and she went to her first one yesterday and that was great incentive for her to not nurse. I'm a bit sad to say I don't really miss it, but I really don't. It was time, and she was ready, because there really haven't been any tears. She LOVED dance.

There have been tons of tears with ds, but he is mostly nightweaned and even though he still asks to nurse a lot during the day, he takes no pretty well. I would say he's down to nursing 7 or 8 times throughout the day and night, which I'm fine with. His sessions have shortened a lot, too, which helps. I'm not wanting to completely wean him, but this is much more manageable for me.

So, while it probably wasn't ideal for him, this tandem nursing trio has changed for the better. Haylee looked so big in her dance outfit, and she listened to the instructor and is SOOOO clumsy. She gets it from me.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

go haylee!

glad to hear it is working out better with W
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Your kiddos are growin' up.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Great update! EL loves dance too!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Glad things are going well.

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09