Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garlic and such

Default Re: Garlic and such

Yep - there's no reason in the world to train their palates with bland food, and then get upset when they're a little older and won't try anything else.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Well, that's a HUGE relief! I have been feedin DD w/e I was eating, but whenever it came to making something especifically for her, I always left out much of what I usually use to spice the food b/c her pediatrician told me it was bad for her digestive system. For example, white rice is usually cooked with salt and oil, and she was very clear about not feeding her rice if it was cooked with those seasonings. BUt if you mommas feed your LO's everything you eat and they're ok, and I know how important that is for all of us, then I don't have to feel bad everytime I feed my own anything I have on the plate
    Love is not consolation. It is light. -Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm Irys, going thru the struggles of being a mom, wife, student, daughter...
    But am hanging on!!!

Mom to K, born August 16th, 2008
    Expecting A April 7th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*baby.mum View Post
    I don't have to feel bad everytime I feed my own anything I have on the plate
    Nope! And have you gotten to the stage yet where it tastes so much better if it's literally off of your plate?
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

That was how I was feeding her "normal" food mostly, b/c everytime we sat down to eat our food she would quickly stand by our side and "beg" for it. She would do it even after eating her own. Sometimes to get her to finish her plate I would put inside mine, though since it lacked taste, she would know the difference. That went on until I just got fed up with battling her and saw that my mom prepared well-seasoned stews for her and she would gobble them up and have no side-effects. Now I just feed her anything I make w/o fear of messing up her digestive system.
    Love is not consolation. It is light. -Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm Irys, going thru the struggles of being a mom, wife, student, daughter...
    But am hanging on!!!

Mom to K, born August 16th, 2008
    Expecting A April 7th, 2010

My son is 6 months and we've only just started solids in the past week or so, but I'm totally planning on starting spices (not hot) and garlic around 8-9 months. I have a friend with a 11 month old who likes to eat roasted garlic plain, and another who has had her son eating mild curries since 8 months. So I say go for it!