Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby sleeping through night, boobs did not get the memo.

Default Baby sleeping through night, boobs did not get the memo.

My almost 4 month old is now sleeping through the night pretty much every night (except when teething pain wakes her up), and has been pretty consistently for at least three weeks now.

Everyone keeps telling me my supply will adjust to O's new sleep schedule, but every morning I wake up having soaked through 4 nursing pads on each side and with boobs feeling like they're about to burst. I'm a one sided feeder due to OS issues, so I feed her one one side and then have to pump a little off the other just because it's way too uncomfortable to deal with until my first at-work pumping.

I've already had mastitis once, and do not want that to happen again, so I'm concerned about dealing with engorgment every single day.

Any of the OS mamas have trouble adjusting to baby sleeping through the night? Did your supply EVER adjust? How long did it take?

Default Re: Baby sleeping through night, boobs did not get the memo.

my lil one sleeps through the night and i am also having os issues. do you co sleep? ive found my daughter feeds more when shes in bed with us. also if im feeling really engorged and cant sleep because my dd decided to sleep for 8 hours instead of 6 i will wake her up latch her on and go back to sleep. this usually helps unless of course your lo decides to fall back asleep right away.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bestforbaby View Post
    my lil one sleeps through the night and i am also having os issues. do you co sleep? ive found my daughter feeds more when shes in bed with us. also if im feeling really engorged and cant sleep because my dd decided to sleep for 8 hours instead of 6 i will wake her up latch her on and go back to sleep. this usually helps unless of course your lo decides to fall back asleep right away.
    We co-sleep, but she's in a co-sleeper attached to our bed (daddy is a wild sleeper and worries about injuring her--and rightly so!), so night feeding still takes some lifting and shifting. And I don't want to wake her during the night because she doesn't nap well during the day and she really needs her rest. I already usually have to wake her once to feed her in the morning before I go to work, and she goes back to sleep and sleeps in until 9 or 10 with my husband.

Last night I had to sleep with a towel folded up and stuffed in my shirt because I'm soaking through multiple nursing pads. I feel like it's never going to let up and I'm going to have to start sleeping with ice packs in my shirt!

My LO began sleeping through at 3 months. It took almost 2 months for my supply to adjust. What I did was I would pump 3 - 4 hours after she would go to bed. It made me more comfortable in the mornings. I was still full, but I was able to deal. It probably dragged out my adjustment period a little longer, but I had to. The up side of it all was that I built up a great stash at the time. I slowly began shortening up that pumping session until I was able to cut it out.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and