Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you pump wean?

Default Re: When did you pump wean?

I *just* pump weaned last week, and DD is about 13 months old. She'd been taking a sippy of EBM and soy milk at daycare, and since we reverse-cycle, she nurses about 6-7 times within a 24 hours period (lots at night...). She loves solids now and she's ok with drinking just soy milk, so I figured it would be safe to pump wean.

I honestly feel SOOOOOO free now that I have an entire hour to eat my lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    How often are you nursing when you're together? as long as you are nursing your toddler 3-4 times in a 24 hour period there is no need to offer cows (or any other type of) milk How is her solid intake? I think it's more about how many other ways is she getting calories/nutrients, kwim?
    Jen, she is still nursing about 5 times when we are together and eating plenty of solids. Sometimes she wakes for a night session as well.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I pump-weaned when MJ was about 13-ish months old. And at that point I think I was down to pumping once per day, just after lunch-time, and getting maybe 3-4 ounces. When she was 13 months, she moved up to the pre-toddler room at daycare, where there are no bottles allowed, and she wasn't really drinking the EBM out of a cup very well, so I stopped bringing it because it was going to waste. I have to say, pump-weaning was the BEST thing ever for our nursing relationship. I LOVED just nursing her when we were together, and not having to worry about pumping anymore. From the time we pump-weaned at 13 months, until she self-weaned at 19.5 months was my FAVORITE time in our nursing relationship.

BTW, within a week or less of starting that new room at daycare, she was drinking cow's milk out of a sippy cup like a pro, and has never looked back. She was also eating solids well at that time too.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    I pump-weaned when MJ was about 13-ish months old. And at that point I think I was down to pumping once per day, just after lunch-time, and getting maybe 3-4 ounces. When she was 13 months, she moved up to the pre-toddler room at daycare, where there are no bottles allowed, and she wasn't really drinking the EBM out of a cup very well, so I stopped bringing it because it was going to waste. I have to say, pump-weaning was the BEST thing ever for our nursing relationship. I LOVED just nursing her when we were together, and not having to worry about pumping anymore. From the time we pump-weaned at 13 months, until she self-weaned at 19.5 months was my FAVORITE time in our nursing relationship.

BTW, within a week or less of starting that new room at daycare, she was drinking cow's milk out of a sippy cup like a pro, and has never looked back. She was also eating solids well at that time too.
    That's so sweet Buff!

I know that she has taken EBM out of a sippy a few times and has done okay. I think I will probably pump for a little while longer, maybe so she can have EBM before bed while I am at work.

I have had a hard time lately finding time to pump at work, as we have been SO busy. I am usually pumping on my drive home and am getting about 5 ounces. I imagine I will probably eliminate this session within the next couple of months.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!