Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you pump wean?

Default When did you pump wean?

Just wondering when all of you quit pumping.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Default Re: When did you pump wean?

With DD1, at about 13-14 months I think. With DD2, I still pump about 3 times a week (she's 17.5 months old).

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mollyb View Post
    With DD1, at about 13-14 months I think. With DD2, I still pump about 3 times a week (she's 17.5 months old).
    Did you replace with cow's milk?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

I stopped pumping around 18 months. And nope, I never replaced with cow's milk. I don't drink it, and Em didn't care for it. She still doesn't drink milk but eats plenty of dairy so I don't worry about it.

I, actually, don't give her anything to drink at all at home but water. It's what I drink and what she drinks. I love it when she tells people, "I'll have water." It makes me with pride.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    Did you replace with cow's milk?
    With DD1, we did introduce cow's milk but she wasn't that into it (she had started rejecting the bottle at about 10 months and was not that interested in the sippy either). She also drank/drinks soy milk, water, and minimal juice (diluted). She was still bfing about 4 times per day (from when I got home from work until leaving for work the next day-still night waking at that time) for several months so we didn't worry too much about what she was drinking during the day.
    DD2 has not had cow's milk yet.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

How often are you nursing when you're together? as long as you are nursing your toddler 3-4 times in a 24 hour period there is no need to offer cows (or any other type of) milk How is her solid intake? I think it's more about how many other ways is she getting calories/nutrients, kwim?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

DD will drink bm from a sippy. She just turned 1 yesterday, so we havent tried cows milk yet. She only gets 1 or 2 bottles of expressed milk in the evenings Monday thru Friday. I have no problem continuting to pump, I was just curious as to when others did and what they replaced bm with when they stopped.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

Pump weaned when DS was 16 mo old.

I'd been sending EBM in sippies to preschool and he was only drinking 1 or 2 oz so continuing to pump seemed pretty pointless.

DS is allergic to cows milk, so he drinks soy milk when all the other LO are getting cows milk.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

I just stopped at about 14-15 months. I was so torn on whether or not to stop but figured we were both ready then. We do not give CM yet. She just drinks water during the day. She still nurses a lot when we ar together though.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

We are still nursing a ton during the day too. I work PT in the evenings, so that is the only time that she is getting the expressed milk.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and