Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: "Scratches" on two bottom teeth..cavities??

Question "Scratches" on two bottom teeth..cavities??

Hmmm.. I was just flipping through the La Leche book, when I happened to come across the "Caries" (another word for cavities?) section... And I started to wonder...Annabella has these silver looking scratches on her two bottom teeth, I don't see any on her top teeth..and I thought it was from her chewing on something (like the flashlight she found )...could it be cavities?????
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

Default Re: "Scratches" on two bottom teeth..cavities??

Are they on the border of the teeth as opposed to being on them? Both of my boys have them (on the borders, grayish in color), and my oldest has been checked at the dentist and is cavity free. Dentist said gray coloring is usually related to something ingested during pregnancy (antibiotics is thought to be once cause) and over all isn't a concern as they wont have those teeth forever. We use a MI paste to help strength JIC, but other than that he said we shouldn't be worried. HTH's!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Smile Re: "Scratches" on two bottom teeth..cavities??

Thank you! With everything she has been eating..(ok that isn't much! but cookies...crackers... juice!) I should be brushing them even with water a bit to help clean them some... Ok they are like scrated ON her teeth, so not really on the top border or bottom...but like, if you could picture taking a silver (very thing pen?) and drawing little scratches on the front of them..that's what it looks like..it's weird! I can't say I have tried to bursh it off though..I just wondered what a cavity would look like on her little teeny teeth, ya know?
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

9-25-08

4-30-10

If you are feeding her daily (esp foods with sugars!) you def need to be brushing her teeth. Take her in for peace of mind, or mention it at your next pedi visit.
    Last edited by @llli*only.woman.in.the.house; August 30th, 2009 at 01:04 PM.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Good idea, will do! She's supposed to go in two days after her bday for her big round of shots.. I want to get the Dr Sears book about delaying her shots...but I think I am at least going to push it to October...I don't want her being so scarred right after her birthday! Thank you again!

9-25-08

4-30-10

When can I take my baby boy to the dentist. He has almost all his teeth but is still in a lot of pain and I think some teeth are not in their right place. Please advise.
    Thanks in advance.