Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we are again...

Default Re: Here we are again...

So very sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    Can't say its been smoother, but acceptance goes a LONG way.
    Absolutely. I don't label anymore. DD1 was hard at first than an easy baby. DS was easy at first than hard after 3 months.

This time around she is what she is. A baby. She needs me.

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

congrats lyn! boy, mommas milk sure makes for pretty girls, eh?
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

What a wonderful picture! Congrats Lyn!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

What a ride it's been, I'm sure

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

I think, for me, the reason it doesn't seem like its been a whole year is because I had no goal times set like with Daniel "I can make it to 6 weeks....4 months....6 months..." It was just "I'm gonna nurse this girl til shes good n done." I got pregnant with Lucy on Daniel's 1st birthday. So I always wonder what it would be like to not have pregnancy interfere with weaning. I am so excited to find out!
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I think, for me, the reason it doesn't seem like its been a whole year is because I had no goal times set like with Daniel "I can make it to 6 weeks....4 months....6 months..." It was just "I'm gonna nurse this girl til shes good n done." I got pregnant with Lucy on Daniel's 1st birthday. So I always wonder what it would be like to not have pregnancy interfere with weaning. I am so excited to find out!
    That pic is adorable! Isn't it funny how they can nurse upside down, twist their head in whatever direction they choose and STILL not break the latch I'm amazed at times that my little guy doesn't detach the nipple from my breast

Congrats on ANOTHER year of nursing!
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Congratulations on nursing a year!!! Time sure does fly by....next thing you know, you'll be posting here for 2 years! Such a beautiful pic!!!
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pic!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

I nursed Lucy tonight and asked Dan "How could anyone wean at this age? She still needs me so much. Shes growing up, but shes still a baby in so many ways."
    I feel the same way about my almost 2yo DS2!!! They are just precious babies and they need us.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

I totally agree - I don't understand how it is so commonplace to wean at 1 year old (or even younger). My DS turned 1 on the 20th, and I know he is in no way ready. I have SILs that had their babies 3 and 6 weeks after I did, and they have already weaned. I just can't imagine! There were many times (especially at the beginning) when I felt like giving up, but I am SO glad we stuck with it!

Very sweet photo, btw!
    Made it to 1 year and still going strong!