Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much cheese is too much?

Default How much cheese is too much?

So DD ate a whole entire cheese stick the other day. She seemed fine, but I though it was way too much. I've always let her be in control of what she was eating so why change that? DH said something to me today that he thinks I should stop giving her the mozzerella cheese - he said "someone" told him it was hard to digest. I thought this was a reccomended food? Any truth to what he is saying? Should I limit cheese intake? If she eats that, thats the only dairy I giver her. She still nurses a lot.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Default Re: How much cheese is too much?

How old is she?
    Mozzarella cheese can actually be one of the healthier cheese. Ours is made from organic skim milk. I think after the year point a mozzarella stick as a snack is fine. I think letting her have 3 in one day would be too much.

Way too lazy for formula

Thank you She is 15 months old. I thought it was a healthy snack too
    Proud mom of 2:

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    How old is she?
    Mozzarella cheese can actually be one of the healthier cheese. Ours is made from organic skim milk. I think after the year point a mozzarella stick as a snack is fine. I think letting her have 3 in one day would be too much.

is she having pooping issues? if not than i dont see it as a problem. we buy fresh mozz from a local store so it is really soft and easy to eat.

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

No, she's not having any issues going. She's actually been going more frequently for a few days, but I'm not sure why. Today wasn't too bad though - so hopefully she's getting over what ever it was
    Proud mom of 2: