Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of curiosity...

Default Re: Out of curiosity...

Hi!

How much do you get from a single pumping session? It depends, mornings are the best for me. After I nurse my DD first thing in the morning, I can get anywhere from 3 1/2 - 6 1/2 ounces...depending on how long she slept before. 6 1/2 is RARE...4 or 4 1/2 is average. After I nurse her and she goes down for the night, I get anywhere from 2 1/2 - 3 ounces. At work, I pump four times during the day: 8:15am I get about 4 ounces; 10:15am I get about 3 ounces; 12:15pm I get about 2 1/2 ounces and 2:30pm I get about 3 ounces. I always want more!!!
    If you wouldn't mind sharing I am wondering a few things about it also, aside from just how much...

Do you work? Yes, full time
    Time of day? - does the amount differ? Yes, mornings are better than evenings, which I'm told is normal.
    Are you and EP'r or both Nursing and Pumping Both, I would have exclusively nursed if I didn't have to go back to work.
    Do you get more at home/work? Doesn't really matter. I am more comfortable at home, but it really doesn't affect my output. Time of day is definitely the important factor.

Hope this helps!

Default Re: Out of curiosity...

How much do you get from a single pumping session.
    When I pump at work - 8 to 9 oz.
    When I pump at home - 2 to 3 oz.

Do you work?
    Yes f/t
    Time of day? - does the amount differ?
    Morning and early afternoon - usually have more milk in the morning.
    Are you and EP'r or both Nursing and Pumping
    I pump to make bottles for DS to have when I am at work. But when we are together I pretty much exclusively nurse him.
    Do you get more at home/work?
    I definitely get more at work. I've always had difficulty pumping when DS is around... I think subconsiously I'm afraid that if I pump the milk out, there won't be any left for him if he gets hungry!