Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help Selecting a Breastpump and Lansinoh Double Electric

Red face Help Selecting a Breastpump and Lansinoh Double Electric

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with their experiences with/ opinions of different breast pumps.

I have the Lansinoh Double Electric Pump and I find it really difficult to use. It is hard to keep the seal around the shields and the suction part of the pump does not seem to seal right. Also, it takes forever and the suction seems weak. I am new to pumping and am just pumping as I need to be away from home for about 3/4 hours 3 days a week. My baby is a month old and we have been breastfeeding well from the beginning.

I am not sure whether purchasing aereola stimulator from Lansinoh will help.

I am considering purchasing a Medela pump either the Pump in style, freestyle, or swing. I don't want to spend a fortune. I already bought one pump but it isn't working out, so...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Default Re: Help Selecting a Breastpump and Lansinoh Double Electric

Hi there,

I also have the Lansinoh double electric but I don't have the suction problem you're describing. Is it possible that the breast shields are too small? I believe they sell a bigger size on their website. You might want to try that before buying a whole new pump.

I'm sure other moms here will have more helpful information... I'm just throwing in my two cents.

Good luck!

Default Re: Help Selecting a Breastpump and Lansinoh Double Electric

I had a similar problem with the Lansinoh pump. It turns out that the motor was defective. I returned it to the store and got another one. And almost a year later it's working fine. I would definitely return it if the suction isn't strong because there's something wrong with it.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!