Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mean boss--need to vent

Default Re: Mean boss--need to vent

I'm sorry you're in this situation. Something other people have managed to do (I've never tried it) is pumping in their cars on their way into work and on their way home. I'm not sure how far you drive to work, but maybe that would be a way to get some extra ounces out if you have a hard time with two 10 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Default Re: Mean boss--need to vent

. Wow. My Boss is a real bugger too! I am a teacher and I secretly pump in the tiny bathroom in my classroom! I am determined to breastfeed and give my baby expressed breastmilk. In GA, where, I live the law suggests employers to give breaks for Bf moms, but it is not necessary if it disrupts work time. With me being a 1st grade teacher I really have no down time. I am suppose to be with the kids at all times except lunch. On planning and after school we are suppose to be strictly planning. My boss does not even allow cell phones in the school building! I never even asked/told him I was pumping. I just do it. It is frustraiting and I am scared he will tell me I am not allowed to do it. The thing is my son comes first and I am doing the best I know to do. You will find a way your a good mama! Good luck mama!!!
    1st Time Mommy to Baby Boy born 4-20-09
    since day one!
    Finally done !!!
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it. ~Irena Chalmers