Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I *think* I'm done pumping...

Default I *think* I'm done pumping...

...though I could be wrong.

Yesterday, I plain forgot to pump what with having to run out to buy DSS' school supplies. I'd been down to pumping for 10-15 minutes and getting about 3 oz. When I realized that I had forgotten, it was 4:30 and I was going see DD at home around 5:15 so I thought I'd wait. I was a bit fuller and heavier than usual, and DD did nurse a lot more when I got home, but aside from that, no side effects...

To add to my joy, DD (13 months) slept through the night for the first time last night, from 9:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. I didn't do anything different except close the blinds completely so her room was in total darkness for the whole night. I hadn't been doing that previously because it was so hot and we needed the breeze coming in through the open window. Crossing my fingers that it's a continuing trend...

So today, I'm intentionally NOT pumping, to see what effect it has on me. I'm a bit paranoid about mastitis and lower supply, but so far so good. No pain or anything, just feeling a bit full.

Wish me luck mamas...I SO need to ditch my pump!

Default Re: I *think* I'm done pumping...

Your supply should be fine, mama. You might want to bring your pump with you for a while just in case you get painfully engorged, but it sounds like you are done! and
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: I *think* I'm done pumping...

How's it going? I still nursing, but the day I packed up my pump was a day to . You are a for pumping so long!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png