Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Would you give up nursing if...

Default Re: Would you give up nursing if...

He tried.....But I have to agree with Amy...
    He really is hitting you where it hurts...I would NOT give up nursing for these reasons...

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

Smile Re: Would you give up nursing if...

I think you may want to teach your baby how to fall asleep on his own and allow him to play when he wants to nurse sometimes babies need a little distraction.

I know you asked if I would stop Bf, and I agree with all the other moms here, but let me answer your question with another question--what if you gave DH a job to do with the baby? I mean, if you could tell him, "why don't you start your own special bonding thing with the baby, and let me do mine?" If it is really a jealousy thing (as it sounds to me), starting his own "nursing" with your daughter might ease the strain between you two (you wouldn't be competing for Who's The Best Parent Award) and he might actually enjoy it! I know that when my husband decided to start putting our 18mo DD down to bed, using his own method and not involving the breast, the relationship between the two of them improved greatly (and in fact DD started to wean herself because she enjoyed Daddy's way so much). Just a thought, hope it helps.

Clearly, nursing is not the issue. Seems like he's feeling extremely insecure and needy and that's coming out in the ways he's striking out against you're relationship with your child. He's trying so hard to justify his behavior by blaming you AND your child, which neither of you deserve that. I think reason F on your list is obviously a cry for attention.
    Maybe set aside a date night every so often to prove that there is no clingy-ness issue and that there is no reason for him to try to make you choose between them.
    I will admit, my first reaction was anger and irritation, but try to look beyond that when confronting the issue.
    Good luck and stay strong! Your baby needs you!

Jenn

Married to my best friend - Feb '07
    Mommy to Gavin - May '09
    Mommy to Adrian - Jan '12
    with a surprise baby April '13

Being a SAHM is not for the faint of heart!

8May09: 7lbs 1.9oz
    12Jan12: 7lbs 8oz