Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sprouts

Default Sprouts

I've never seen this mentioned, but I have found deli sprouts have been increasing my milk supply. They contain sprouted fenugreek along with other grains. I only ate them once and the next day I reeked of maple syrup. I've been eating them once-twice a day and its been great. I put it on a sandwich for lunch and then on a salad at dinner. Delicious!
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Default Re: Sprouts

Makes sense, since fenugreek seeds work and sprouted seeds generally raise their nutrient value. I wish I'd tried that when I was using fenugreek - I love sprouts!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Yeah, I had mentioned this in an Iron Chef thread a while back...I sprout my own fenugreek seeds. Did it by accident the first time. I love them. They smell so good. I still have a ton of fenugreek seeds too....so it looks like I will be having sprouts for forever!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

yeah...

hmmm cool. I think my grocery store has sprouts in the produce dept. But they probably have a low turnover and never look good. Is there a certain blend that contains fenugreek? I think mine are just alfalalfa or something.

Where would I get fenugreek seeds?

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jjgj.28 View Post
    hmmm cool. I think my grocery store has sprouts in the produce dept. But they probably have a low turnover and never look good. Is there a certain blend that contains fenugreek? I think mine are just alfalalfa or something.

Where would I get fenugreek seeds?
    I got mine at a local market that is like a WF but smaller. They were 3.49 per pound. And I bought a pound. So if you can imagine...I have a TON left!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

You can also get them at ethnic markets - they are used a lot in Indian cooking.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png