Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May I please have my breasts back. I'm tired

Default May I please have my breasts back. I'm tired

She is now 2 years and 2 months.
    i have no milk.
    But my breasts are a magic spell. She insists on them at nights. And in three minutes she is out.
    Butwhen she wants "breths" its on her own terms immediately and wherever I am...even if its out in public.
    I am no longer interested in this exercise. I'm happy it soothes her...but...enough already methinks
    now if only i coul find a way to make her stop....

Default Re: May I please have my breasts back. I'm tired

Right there with you - my DS turned three in July and I'm SO done with nursing. Actively working on weaning - but it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm cutting out all nursing unless before or immediately after bed this week, and next week, I'm going to attempt to cut out nursing to sleep. I'm glad he went as long as he did, but I'm at the point where if I don't stop soon, I"m going to start resenting it.
    Melissa
    Mom to Jessica (2/7/03) breastfed for 8 months
    Sam (7/6/06) breastfed for three years, five months, two weeks and three days (not that I was counting or anything :-)
    Julianna (4/29/10) struggled thru nursing strike, nipple confusion, thrush, multiple cracks and fissures, a staph infection and then another bout of thrush, but happily nursing away
    www.cohenfamily-melissa.blogspot.com

How do you know you have no milk? What gives you that idea? IME a child won't nurse on "Dry" breast for very long before losing interest?

Way too lazy for formula

Are you setting limits? I tandem nursed my DDs and nursing DD1 became a chore so I set limits, I was convinced I wanted to cut back so I was consistent. I talked about it with her though, she was 2 and a half so she understood everything. I told her we were only going to nurse 3 times a day, I kept explaining it to her if she asked to nurse at other times. Then we cut to twice a day and then once. We weaned about a month ago and it went fairly well.

My youngest has not nursed for 10 days. She turned 2 on the 14th. She has asked me everyday, but only when sleepy. I have been working very hard to get her to use a favorite stuffed mouse to sleep with over the last few months to prepare for weaning. It is working. She will lay with her mouse and go to sleep 5/7 nights of the week. On the hard nights, my hubby (God bless him) will take her into the other room with a flashlight and make animals on the wall. The last one is always a puppy that will come down off the wall for a goodnight hug, and she falls asleep hugging his arm. (Wish I could get this on video, but I can't even be in the room)

Keep your chin up! You will get your breasts back, eventually. You just have to try different things to figure out what works for your family. The wall puppets would've never worked for my 2nd daughter. She needed Daddy to play his guitar and sing her to sleep. Again, thank God for Daddy!!

Congratulations on making it two years. You should not feel bad at all about wanting to wean. If it's something you need to do, do it. You can feel good about giving your daughter such a great gift and such a wonderful start in life.
    We made it one year!
    Loving
    and blogging about it all here

Thank you for your kind and helpful replies.

Do you think I should get her a soother?

I have no milk. When I squeeze my nipples, nothing comes up....

I talk to her about asking for breasts in public when she's sleepy. I tell her breasts are for home. She says well "I want to go home now" sigh. smarty pants.

When i deny her the breasts she puts up such a wail. OMG, why are kids so loud!

I'm going to try to introduce her to alternatives. Maybe a special nighty night doll or something.

I'm actively pushing towards weaning - and my son is the same way... I'm trying to keep it to just for naps and bed, so he claims to be sleeping 24/7 :-). I've really encouraged his attachment to his two favorite stuffed animals and it's gradually working - he's asking for them when he wakes up in the middle of the night. I'm hopeful that it'll help him when I start the hard core night weaning.
    Melissa
    Mom to Jessica (2/7/03) breastfed for 8 months
    Sam (7/6/06) breastfed for three years, five months, two weeks and three days (not that I was counting or anything :-)
    Julianna (4/29/10) struggled thru nursing strike, nipple confusion, thrush, multiple cracks and fissures, a staph infection and then another bout of thrush, but happily nursing away
    www.cohenfamily-melissa.blogspot.com

Sam is so cute. hahaaha

thought I'd post a quick update. Sophie still has not nursed since the 12th of aug. She even took a bath with me and made jokes about her ninnies in the bath! She didn't ask to nurse. She told me it was 'all gone'. YAY! I think we are really done. I have my breasts back!