Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reglan Questions

Default Reglan Questions

I am currently trying to relactate and I was able to get my supply up a little bit by pumping, but my doctor gave me a prescription for Reglan also to help me out. I have two questions about this:

1) Can you take Reglan with More Milk Plus? Would it be a benefit to take both or should I just see what the Reglan does? I have taken More Milk Plus before on it's own and it didn't help me much.

2) What is the correct dosage for the Reglan? My doctor sais to take it every 6 hours and she gave me a months supply. I have read that if you don't wean off of if, it will just drop your supply back down. I also read that you shouldn't take it that long.

Anyone have any advice/experience?

TIA!

Default Re: Reglan Questions

Hi newmommy06

How many mg. of Reglan did your Dr. give you? Aslo you say you are pumping, are you bf as well?

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by newmommy06
    I am currently trying to relactate and I was able to get my supply up a little bit by pumping, but my doctor gave me a prescription for Reglan also to help me out. I have two questions about this:

1) Can you take Reglan with More Milk Plus? Would it be a benefit to take both or should I just see what the Reglan does? I have taken More Milk Plus before on it's own and it didn't help me much.

2) What is the correct dosage for the Reglan? My doctor sais to take it every 6 hours and she gave me a months supply. I have read that if you don't wean off of if, it will just drop your supply back down. I also read that you shouldn't take it that long.

Anyone have any advice/experience?

TIA!
    I don't have any experiance myself about taking Reglan, just the experiance of giving it to my daughter for her reflux and my sister also tried it to increase her milk supply. Be very careful with it, there are many bad side effects. For my daughter she screamed and screamed, restless and would not calm down until it was out of her system. My sister's reactions was blurred vision, body aches, headache and something else I don't remember. If you do take it, make sure someone else is there with you (just in case) and make sure your not going to drive or go anywhere. Read everything you can about it with the pamplets that come with it and as with any side effect, contact your doctor.

Marcie -- That's why I opted out of taking mine. I got it filled but then kept having 2nd thoughts... Plus, the high risk of depression and suicidal thoughts are kinda scary!

NewMommy06 - I am looking for info for you!