Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 week old lost weight at last visit

Default 10 week old lost weight at last visit

when my son was born we discovered his placeta was small and where the cord was attachd was small t actually snapped off during delivery. he has been having lots of gassy fussy nights and hasd been gaining very well but we hit a very rough peak where he wouldnt even stasy latched on for more than 3 minutes at a time. my docv is pushing me to move to formula but id really prefer to find away o increase milk production when i started expressing ansd giving him his milk in bottles some of the fussiness stoped but i am finding im not pulling enough to keep up help please and information or ideas would be appreciated

Default Re: 10 week old lost weight at last visit

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/ma...pply-pump.html

heres a link that might help
    Don't be afraid to call your local leader shes around to help!

Default Re: 10 week old lost weight at last visit

Mama, I would stop the bottles if possible. In the long run, breastfeeding straight from the tap is a zillion times easier than expressing the milk and bottlefeeding, and if you can manage it it's unlikely that you will ever have a problem with milk supply. I would also find another pediatrician, one more supportive of and knowledgeable about breastfeeding!

Here is a link that might be useful: Help -- My Baby Won't Nurse!

Tips on pumping more:
    - See a lactation consultant, preferably an IBCLC. Nothing beats hands-on help.
    - Pump more frequently. When I had supply problems, I pumped every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night.
    - Use the best pump you can afford. I used a hospital-grade rental pump.
    - Use breast compressions while pumping.
    - Herbs: fenugreek, blessed thistle, and oatmeal are all used to increase supply.
    - Drugs: Reglan (available in the US) and Domperidone (Canada) are anti-nausea drugs that can increase milk supply as a side-effect. Both have additional side-effects and are not right for everyone, so talk to your LC and your ob or midwife before taking them.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"