Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the best bags for storage?

Default What are the best bags for storage?

First time mom here. My daughter is a week old today! How bittersweet? Anyways I have very large breasts to begin with and am in milk over supply. My breasts are leaking like crazy and I would like to pump it instead of soaking it up with towels and pads, but I have no idea what bags to use. I've been reading reviews on buyer websites, but haven't found anything convincing yet... too many mixed or bad reviews and some don't have any, so I thought I'd ask to see what you all used/preferred. Thanks so much!

Default Re: What are the best bags for storage?

and congratulations on you DD! I used Lansinoh bags for the whole time I pumped and loved them! They have a double zip closure which is really nice.

Your supply BTW will probable decrease a little in a few weeks as your body learns to produce the amount of milk your baby needs. It's a supply and demand thing. I know it seems weird, but breast size also has nothing to do with milk production so don't feel bad if you have occasional issues with not producing enough, we've all been there

I second the Lansinoh bags.

Congrats and welcome, Mama!
    Robin

Thank you for the congratulations, the welcome, and for the advice!

I really liked the Lansinoh bags too, just don't bang them around too much when frozen or they will get holes in them.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Love the Lanshinoh bags. Tried a few different kinds and didn't care for any of them. I really like the fact that they have a double zipper.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I liked the Lansinoh bags too and I also liked the Medela ones because I could pump directly into them (they have stick tabs that hang on the horns of your pump).

Like OP said, your supply will probably level out soon. With that said, my advice would be not to go too crazy with the pumping as you can make the oversupply problem worse by signaling to your body that you do in fact need to produce that much milk. I'd pump for just a few minutes...just enough to relieve any engorgement
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

My personal fav was also the Lansinoh bags, due to the nice double zip on them. I never had one leak.

I did give the Medela bags a try a time or two, but had a hard time making sure the zipper closure on them was properly closed.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    My personal fav was also the Lansinoh bags, due to the nice double zip on them. I never had one leak.

I did give the Medela bags a try a time or two, but had a hard time making sure the zipper closure on them was properly closed.
    I love the Lansinoh bags, too. The double zip is great!
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

Thanks so much ladies! Looks like I'll have to try the Lansinoh bags!