Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pumping at the airport?

Default pumping at the airport?

I have to travel soon for work. It takes me 2hrs to get to the airport, then another 1hr to park the car, take the shuttle and get checked in and hopefully walk to the gate. So, at 3hrs I should be pumping...but I'm not sure where to do so? Has anyone had to pump in the airport bathroom? I'm flying out of Philadelphia airport.... help!

Default Re: pumping at the airport?

I did it in the San Diego airport. I have a hospital grade pump and do not have a battery pack for it so I went into the bathroom, found a stall that had an outlet, and did it in there.

But it was effective and I made it through.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

what pump do you have? Does it have a battery pack? Do you have the car adapter? If so I would pump in the car in the parking lot right before going to the airport.

I have a medela swing and it does have a battery pack but where I park is one that the shuttle follows you in and waits as you get out of the car... i'll see if I can deter them when I get in from following but not sure I want to try and explain this all to some teenage shuttle bus driver

Here's the website for the airport: http://www.phl.org/index.html. I searched it for "breastfeeding" and "pumping" and "nursing room" but didn't find anything- although I did find a Medical clinic (http://www.phl.org/services.html#med) and family restrooms (http://www.phl.org/services.html#rest) where you might be able to pump in more comfort and privacy. I would give them a call and ask about your options!

In a pinch, I have a friend who pumped exclusively for a whole year, and she traveled internationally during that time. She made a cape-like garment ("Like one of those plastic raincoats, but not see-through!" and pumped underneath it when she was on the plane.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks, I had looked too and didn't see anything, what a shame. I did print out the TSA info that allows me to travel back w/ breastmilk even w/o a baby, i wanted to have it in writing just in case!