Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: fenugreek ?

Default fenugreek ?

When i was pumping this morning i noticed i had alot of clear stuff, i think that's the foremilk. I"m nursing natte every 1.5 hours it seems, and i htink its becuase he's getting too much formilk. how do i straighten that out?? My milk supply dropped and i'm working to get it back up. Tho, his birthweight seems fine, i'm really worried about too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk.

Default Re: fenugreek ?

*bump*
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

C'mon, ladies - *bump*! Someone out there is smart enough for this one...
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

plz! oh also i've been taking it for almost 2 weeks and the bottle almost empty and i still dont smell like syrup.....

From my understanding if you don't smell like maple syrup your not taking enough. 3500 mg a day is what you need to take to notice a difference. http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...fenugreek.html

Can you try pumping more frequently during the day? That way milk wouldn't have time to get backed up, so to speak. The more "backed up" it is the more foremilk it would contain. Also you could pump longer to try for a second letdown. This would help get more hindmilk.

HTH!

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

i increased my pumping time from roughly 12 mins to 16-18 mins to ensure the hind milk balances out my pump.

i also find the first pump in the AM mixed w the afternoon pump (once they have both cooled in the fridge) makes a better balanced milk.

i believe i saw the milk increase in about a wk. amazing results for me. i hope it comes through for you.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*karynicole View Post
    When i was pumping this morning i noticed i had alot of clear stuff, i think that's the foremilk. I"m nursing natte every 1.5 hours it seems, and i htink its becuase he's getting too much formilk. how do i straighten that out?? My milk supply dropped and i'm working to get it back up. Tho, his birthweight seems fine, i'm really worried about too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk.
    How old is your son? Nursing every 1.5 hours can be normal. My daughter is 10 months old and still nurses at least every 2 hours when she's with me.

If you have oversupply and a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, then pumping can actually cause you to create more milk than you need. Does your son have green frothy poo? And a lot of gas? I had this problem when Lilah was about 5 weeks old and I started nursing on only one side at a time, and then block feeding (only one side for 2 hours, then switch to the other side for 2 hours).
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    How old is your son? Nursing every 1.5 hours can be normal. My daughter is 10 months old and still nurses at least every 2 hours when she's with me.

If you have oversupply and a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, then pumping can actually cause you to create more milk than you need. Does your son have green frothy poo? And a lot of gas? I had this problem when Lilah was about 5 weeks old and I started nursing on only one side at a time, and then block feeding (only one side for 2 hours, then switch to the other side for 2 hours).
    hes 3 months. he went from nursing 3-4 hours to 1.5 hours back to 2-3 hours now. hes taking at least 8 oz (by a bottle) when i pump. hes not as gassy as he used to be.