Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what else should I do?

Default Re: what else should I do?

Have you seen this? it might help if you try and hand express.
    When under stress your going to get less milk with the pump.

http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastf...xpression.html

I didnt get anything after my csection for 4 days. Then it was barely 1oz! Max was big as well so he did drop weight but after my milk came in no problem producing. Just keep up with the pumping.

No advice, just a big . You are doing a terrific job!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

have you tried sniffing a blanket he's been wrappped in when you are pumping and just try to visualize him, holding him etc...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Ok....first of all, why haven't you called me!!!! *finger wagging smiley*

Mama, it can be really hard when things have not gone expected, you can't hold or cuddle your baby like you should be able to, and you are stressed. Don't push yourself too much.

How often are you getting over to see him? Are you able to take some of his clothes? His linens...a blanket or something that has been laying with him so that you can smell it when you pump? Do this every time. Close your eyes and think about him. Think about that first time you are going to put him to breast, think about his latch, think about your little man. Have Bill talk to you about Bennett. Tell you stories about his face, his smile, how chubby he is, how cute. How proud he is/you are, how awesome he is going to be at baseball.....

You need to relax. make your hubby softly rub your back while you pump, or whatever you need to slip into another place. It is the hardest thing to do right now. You have a ton of stress. But you can do this. Your body can do this. This is for your little man. You have come this far. Just a little bit more to go mama. You are almost there.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    Ok....first of all, why haven't you called me!!!! *finger wagging smiley*

Mama, it can be really hard when things have not gone expected, you can't hold or cuddle your baby like you should be able to, and you are stressed. Don't push yourself too much.

How often are you getting over to see him? Are you able to take some of his clothes? His linens...a blanket or something that has been laying with him so that you can smell it when you pump? Do this every time. Close your eyes and think about him. Think about that first time you are going to put him to breast, think about his latch, think about your little man. Have Bill talk to you about Bennett. Tell you stories about his face, his smile, how chubby he is, how cute. How proud he is/you are, how awesome he is going to be at baseball.....

You need to relax. make your hubby softly rub your back while you pump, or whatever you need to slip into another place. It is the hardest thing to do right now. You have a ton of stress. But you can do this. Your body can do this. This is for your little man. You have come this far. Just a little bit more to go mama. You are almost there.

do everything Hil listed
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I forgot to say that when I was pumping in the hospital we would put warm washcloths on my breasts for a few minutes before I pumped, and that seemed to help.

If it makes you feel any better it took almost a full 7 days for mine to come in with my first. Dr had me supplement because LO lost so much weight.

sorry Hillary!!

You ladies are right, I know it will take time. with Cooper it took 3 or 4 days and we're 2-3 days into it now. I saw the LC today and she got me a better pump and bigger flanges and that helped with the pain I was having. She said just to relax and it will come and I know she is right (well you all are) so I just need to chill out!!
    Surgery is over and he did great, I'm about to go nurse him for the first time!!! Wish us luck! will update more later!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

It took me 5 days to get my milk in, and it didn't come in 'full effect' until another 3 days or so. Give it time, it's going to come in.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09