Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby not wanting to nurse much today....

Default Baby not wanting to nurse much today....

This is part of a thread i posted under "Breastfeeding your Infant" but i thought i'd throw it this way to get more replies. Haven't gotten any today in the other thread...

oh man i was just reading some old posts and now i'm all worried again! Maybe I have been trying to give DS too many solids. I dont want him to wean prematurely!

He really doesnt eat a lot, at least it doesnt seem like it, but i do offer him solids on average twice a day, sometimes only once, and sometimes 3 times. it just depends if he is awake when I am eating. If so, then i let him try what i am having....but he does more tasting than eating when left to his own devices. But lately i have started doing some spoon feeding alongside BLS, which i know throws the whole BLS philosophy out the window. but he seems to enjoy being spoon fed, and even likes to try and feed himself sometimes with the spoon. i thought all this was progress, but maybe its too much too fast....?!

Another issue this last month has been visits with his dad. I got pretty tired of having to be around him all the time ( we had split up...but are reuniting now, but even so i think they need some solo father son time....) So i started leaving DS with his dad with pumped milk a couple times a week. Well DS refuses the bottle, wants nothing to do with it, nor a cup, straw, nothing...and so doesnt really eat for that amount of time (usually around 3-4 hours) So is that way too long for him to go without nursing?

SO anyways, that's another reason i've been thinking about solids. It has been nice to get some time to myself, but i dont want DS to starve when away from me!

Any advice?
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!

Default Re: Baby not wanting to nurse much today....

thank you!

I suppose I just need to relax...
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!