Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Playtex One Step Storage

Default Playtex One Step Storage

Has anyone got any experience with these? I haven't bought them yet (& have only seen them on Amazon) but, I am considering it. Looks like you can possibly pump into the dropin or bag, seal it with some sort of lid and then transfer that bag/dropin directly into the bottle without using another bag? Is that right? Seems too simple!
    with my Best Friend
    Proud Mommy to my 3 girls
    "Munchkin" 9/20/01
    "Sunshine" 12/01/06
    "Peanut" 02/26/09 birth weight 5lbs 2 oz
    2 mos 10lbs 4 oz
    4 mos 13lbs 8 oz
    5 mos 14lbs 12 oz
    6 mos 15lbs 3 oz
    9 mos 17lbs 10 oz
    1 year 19lbs 3 oz

Firm believer in the glory of "MIRACLE GROW"

Default Re: Playtex One Step Storage

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*beccib72 View Post
    Has anyone got any experience with these? I haven't bought them yet (& have only seen them on Amazon) but, I am considering it. Looks like you can possibly pump into the dropin or bag, seal it with some sort of lid and then transfer that bag/dropin directly into the bottle without using another bag? Is that right? Seems too simple!
    It does seem simple! I have the system but have yet to use it yet! To me it seems no different than using the plastic containers that come with a pump except that instead of the solid container you have the bag with a lid.

And yes, you are correct about simply storing the milk in a drop-in and then (when needed) transferring the drop-in directly to your bottle and feeding.

Default Re: Playtex One Step Storage

Yes, these are what I use! I haven't used anything else so I don't really have anything to compare them to, but they have worked pretty well for me.

I have two of the storage kits - each kit only has one adapter so if you want to double pump you need two kits. The adapter fits the Lansinoh pump by the way, that's what I have. Then you can pump right into the liner. I use the caps to freeze the milk initially, but after they are frozen I pop the liners out and transfer them into ziploc freezer bags so that I can wash and reuse the caps. When I'm ready to use the milk, I just take one out of the ziploc and put it into a bottle and let it thaw in the frig. You don't ever have to transfer milk from one container to another.

I've never had a problem with liners breaking or anything, but I've only been doing this for about three months (since I went back to work).