Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How Much In Feeding 10 Month Old?

Default How Much In Feeding 10 Month Old?

DH and I are going to a wedding tomorrow. I'll nurse LO before we leave. She is exclusively BF so I have NO IDEA of how much to put in a bottle for a feeding.

She'll need a bottle around 3pm (up from nap), 5:30pm (with dinner), before bed at 7:45pm and maybe another one if she wakes before we get home.

I'm getting about 90ml per pumping session but is 90ml enough for a bottle feeding? I have no idea of how much she's eating and I don't want to leave my parents of who will be babysitting without enough.

The problem I have is that I haven't been pumping because I thought we still had milk in the freezer. Apparently we don't because DH fed it without telling me that we were running low. I'll pump as much as I can in the meantime, but I need to know the minimum of what to leave them with (i.e. I'll wake up in the middle of the night if I need to).
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: How Much In Feeding 10 Month Old?

IDK, Momma but DS is also 10months and takes about 6oz. in a bottle...
    Since your DD is EBF, she might take less at the feeding...Try 4-5oz. and then see if she wants more?? Sorry, 5oz. is about 150ml...

ETA: Oh, and have LOADS of fun tomorrow ! Dance your tush off!

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

Default Re: How Much In Feeding 10 Month Old?

Thanks!
    I'm going to try pumping again shortly. I may have to buy some formula just in case I don't have enough. I'm sure they'll be fine. It just burns my butt that I'm not better prepared.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and