Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk is suddenly cut in half

Default Re: Milk is suddenly cut in half

He is 3 months old. I think that's what is happening. He still has wet diapers and dirty diapers and I can hear him swallowing a lot, I've changed all the parts on my Medela and even bought a new one that I actually like better. I am still working at it and hopefully it will eventually even out.

Also try this, when your flow rate is slower when pumping, help empty the breast and stimulate more milk production my squeezing your breasts down towards the shield to get more milk out.
    Also, if you have the time at work, power pump. Pump for 10minutes, wait for 10, pump for 10, wait for 10, pump for 10. (I think that is how it goes.) I sometimes get an additional let down by doing this and playing around with the suction intensity and speed on the pump.

You mentioned that he isn't nursing as often when you are together. Can you start pumping more at home to help keep your supply up or increase it?
    Missy MooCow
    - Mom to DS 03/2003 & DD 07/2008
    - - Ex-Exclusive pumper
    - - Yeah!! Full time nurser since December!!

An update, things seem to be getting better. I am not at the level I was a few weeks ago but am defenitly getting more. I've been pumping every 2.5 hours at work and then after I nurse my LO. I have noticed that he is also waiking more at night to nurse, he used to only wake up twice now he is up to at least 4 times. I am sure that has something to do with it.

Thanks for all the help and suport, it's nice to have someone to talk to