Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: my pump is dying

Default my pump is dying

So i have had this IQ duo pump for over 3 years with virtually no problems and I have responded really well to the pump.

I used it with my daughter for about 15 months (got pregnant and supply swindled, but she is still nursing).

Then I have been using it after my son was born for the past 16 months.

The last couple of months I have thought it sounded "tired" but I was still pumping what he drinks at day care, so wasn't worried. Plus, he is past a year and loves to eat solids. I was considering weaning myself from the pump in the next couple of months.

But now my pump has some sort of short and i have to hold the chord just so... and it is very annoying.

So what do you think? Should i just buy a new pump? Should I buy the same pump since I have responded so well to it? Should I just go ahead and pump wean now?

(we want another baby so I am not overly worried about not using the pump in the future)

I guess I should be happy I got 30 months use out of the pump, but why can't they just build pumps better in the first place??? If you spend over $200 on something it should last!! When will companies start making better quality pumps!!!!

Any opinions?

Default Re: my pump is dying

Momma, I would buy a new pump...If you like the IQ, stick with it...
    I made the same decision and knew I wanted another baby so, I would buy another too - it will get it's use....Good luck!

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008