Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: breast bigger than the other

Unhappy breast bigger than the other

hello..

I'am a first time mother of a 4 months old baby girl that needs help on a certain problem concerning the size of my breast. The problem is that the right breast is distinctively bigger and producing more milk than the left breast. How do I overcome this and do you think that the difference in size of the breast will be obvious even when i stopped breastfeeding in the future?

Aidora, 22 years old.
    Last edited by aidomuah; September 7th, 2006 at 04:02 AM.

Default Re: breast bigger than the other

Congratulations on your little girl! And welcome to the forum!

A lot of nursing mothers have uneven breasts. Your dd is probably favoring your right breast (more demand, more supply). Try and feed her first on the left side to stimulate it and increase demand (so as to increase the supply on that side).

As for the difference in size after breastfeeding…I can’t answer that, as I’m also a first time mother…who is still breastfeeding (and my right side is also bigger than the left).

HTH!
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Default Re: breast bigger than the other

Hi there!
    Most women notice that one breast produces more than the other one. Sometimes you can make production on both sides closer to equal (though never exactly equal) by nursing more on the lesser producing side. Sometimes it's due to simple anatomy and that's just the way the breasts are! It's difficult to say how the breasts will look after you wean. Some women find that the changes that occurred stay, while others find that their breasts change again.

HTH
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!