Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my 4 year old

Default Re: my 4 year old

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolamomma View Post
    I'm glad she didn't start back up and I would have had to deal with weaning at a time when she would have had memories of it.
    What would be wrong with that? Are you hoping Norah doesn't remember?

Way too lazy for formula

Good question, Shelly. I actually love that Em remembers. It makes me feel better actually.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I agree with PP. It can be wonderful when your little ones have fond memories of nursing. My two older children remember nursing. My son is almost 4 1/2 and he still loves nursing with his little sister. She is only 19 months (20 months this weekend) and I really hope she will nurse long enough to remember tandem nursing with her brother.

Many little ones wean well before they have memory of nursing or weaning. I always find myself asking why is this so in the USA?

I am glad you worked through the process with your son and he made his own choice about which milk he preferred.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*coolcomom View Post
    i forgot my sign in info till now, thank u all for your feedback. He did end up asking to try some breast milk, he was demanding it. When i finally got around to pouring some in a cup for him he looked at it and said "ummm.. maybe i just want my rice milk" lol Now he has found a comfort in giving me and his little sister hugs and kisses while im breastfeeding.

thank you all again for your help
    I'm so glad you worked through what sounded like a stressful period with your soon! Way to be patient, loving, and understanding through his strangely angry behavior. I hope things continue to go well!
    Mama to William James born January 2nd, 2008
    Nursed 2 years, 2 months! and I think we're done!
    And our new Lucy Jane born March 30th, 2010, 7 lb. 4 oz., 20.5 inches

Pro-breastfeeding quotes:
    http://www.quotegarden.com/breastfeeding.html

I think offering it in a cup was a great compromise! And I hope both of mine remember nursing as well.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

im really hoping to nurse my daughter for 2 yrs.that is my first goal. if i make it that far we will see where it goes from there. my hubby isnt too sure about me going past 2yrs, (he thinks it would be weird to see a toddler breastfeeding) i keep telling him mothers in starving countries breastfeed their kids for alot longer then that to avoid starvation! it is interesting that the usa is so weird on this subject.