Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!! Pink milk from one breast!?

Exclamation Help!! Pink milk from one breast!?

Okay mammas, this has never happened to me before, so reassurance please. This morning when I was pumping after DD nursed, the milk from my right breast was coming out pink. The milk from my left breast was it's normal color. Could this be because I was pumping into about a half an ounce that I pumped last night? Is this okay?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Default Re: Help!! Pink milk from one breast!?

is it strawberry flavoured?

just kidding mama - it's probably just a little blood. It doesn't mean you have to dump it Sometimes a little crack or a broken blood vessel tints our milk and we simply don't notice when we nurse because we can't see it, however when we see it while pumping or expressing it's quite alarming!
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

could be blood from a tiny cut or burst blood vessel.
    Now are your nipples fealing?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreafromohio View Post
    could be blood from a tiny cut or burst blood vessel.
    Now are your nipples fealing?
    My nipples feel fine. I figured it was just a little blood, but this is the first time this has ever happened to me in all the time I nursed and pumped for both DD's.

It looks strawberry flavored.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    it's probably just a little blood. It doesn't mean you have to dump it Sometimes a little crack or a broken blood vessel tints our milk and we simply don't notice when we nurse because we can't see it, however when we see it while pumping or expressing it's quite alarming!
    It only takes a very small amount of blood to tint your milk a shocking color. Those blood vessels are tiny and fragile, so they can break kind of easily. However, they usually heal very quickly- often by the time you need to nurse/pump again.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    It only takes a very small amount of blood to tint your milk a shocking color. Those blood vessels are tiny and fragile, so they can break kind of easily. However, they usually heal very quickly- often by the time you need to nurse/pump again.
    Thanks! I'm sure this has happened before, I just didn't notice because she was at the breast.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and