Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: chocolate

Question chocolate

Does chocolate do anything to affect your breast milk?

Default Re: chocolate

I have heard that some babies can't tolerate Mom eating chocolate but I can tell you that my DS is growing up on chocolate milk I haven't noticed that is bothers him so I'm not going to refrain from indulging!

Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

There is a rare baby who has a problem with it, but genearlly no. It does have some caffine, so if you eat a LOT (especally in addition to coffe/tea/caffinated soda etc), you might get a restless, wakeful baby!

Happy Mom, happy baby? I think so. I don't overindulge, but a little chocolate never caused my lo to react and it makes me feel like I am having a treat in the midst of everything else I have to do to meet others desires and demands.

i LOVE chocolate! i eat it in moderation because i notice my dd gets a bit fussy when i eat too much of it. do remember that chocolate is a source of caffeine. see the following link...

you might also find the following link helpful.

Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

I believe that when I have chocolate it makes my baby happy as well and I am determined that we become chocolate buddies of Anthony Thomas chocolate shops. okay I just sounded like I eat chocolate ALL DAY.
    I think I do have chocolate almost every day. They say dark chocolate is healthy for you!!!

I watched a show about chocolate and they did research on women's brains when we eat it and it's like a natural happy stimulant it actually effects our brain, but it doesn't affect men's brain the in the same way.

mmmmm....I'm so glad.....I loooooove chocolate I probably eat it nearly every day too....but I do try to keep it to little tastes I think my milk is chocolate too!
    yum yum