Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Frustrated about poop issues

Default Frustrated about poop issues

So Ds is haveing pooping problems again He hasn't had a bowel movement in 9 days (he is almost 10 months) I don't give him rice cereal or condtipating foods all I feed him is fruits and veggies,water and some jar stew baby foods (they have a very little bit of pasta, not much though)
    Last time he pooped I had to give a suppository cause it was on the harder side and he was straining..but I did give him a bit of rice cereal before that.
    The doctor has proscribed him something they give for colon cleanses to mix with his food but I don't want to resort to that..so far he is a little more cranky then usual but he is also teething..any ideas???Thanks

**Tricia**
    Married to DH since July '07
    Mommy to Logan born 09/10/08

Default Re: Frustrated about poop issues

can you ease back on solids for a while and up the breastmilk? If that's not an option, can you put him on just p-fruits for a day and see what happens? (pears, peaches, prunes etc)
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

poor baby.
    My Sarah cann't have more then 1/2 a bannana in a day or she will have trouble pooping for sure.

At that age its ok to go back to mostly breastmilk and then start solids again slowly onces his poops are comming normlay.

Dr sears has some great info on his web site.

I prob will cut back and give him mostly fruits and see if that helps..poor guy is already probably sick of prunes....he really likes his food though and I don't want to feel like i'm starving him...

**Tricia**
    Married to DH since July '07
    Mommy to Logan born 09/10/08

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*logans-mum View Post
    I prob will cut back and give him mostly fruits and see if that helps..poor guy is already probably sick of prunes....he really likes his food though and I don't want to feel like i'm starving him...
    Keep in mind that your breastmilk has enough nutrients to sustain your child for the entire first year
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet