Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Disappointed in Yogurt all around.

Default Disappointed in Yogurt all around.

I decided to put yogurt in front of LO yesterday eve. to see if she would go for it. (Whole fat stonyfield plain). I gave her a spoon to experiment with, she dug in and loved it! Probably got a good 1 TB eaten...

Two hours later we are nursing to sleep, and she just pukes everywhere. I changed everything, and got settled back in. But it happened again. It wasn't just one puke like she was too full. Clearly her body was rejecting everything in her stomach. Also now her angel breath is gone, it is more stinky now

Since the puking is an allergic reaction, how long would you wait before introducing it again. Thanks.
    Nursed for 18 months

Default Re: Disappointed in Yogurt all around.

I personally don't introduce dairy products until one, just in case (food allergies run VERY strong in our family). But, I would say that if you are interested in dairy products, I would let her body get back to normal, let it be normal for 3 days, then try the yogurt again. You should get some idea of whether or not the tummy upset this time was just a fluke.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

I wouldn't intro it again until you talk to your doctor. Is there any rash or anything else involved?

Any other signs of allergy ~ congestion, chronic junk nose, ear infections, GI issues, etc...?

ETA~ monitor again today to rule out allergic reaction. Maybe she is getting a bug...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hiranmayii View Post
    Since the puking is an allergic reaction, how long would you wait before introducing it again. Thanks.
    If you think its an allergic reaction to dairy - then the answer is to NOT try dairy again in any form (yogurt, cheese, butter, etc) until after you've checked with an allergist.

IF its an allergic reaction you really do NOT want to experiment with "trying again" at home. Way too risky.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    I personally don't introduce dairy products until one, just in case (food allergies run VERY strong in our family). But, I would say that if you are interested in dairy products, I would let her body get back to normal, let it be normal for 3 days, then try the yogurt again. You should get some idea of whether or not the tummy upset this time was just a fluke.
    At this point I'm not interested enough to try it again. (I was hesitant anyway.) I also agree that it might be risky... also unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shannon75 View Post
    I wouldn't intro it again until you talk to your doctor. Is there any rash or anything else involved?

Any other signs of allergy ~ congestion, chronic junk nose, ear infections, GI issues, etc...?

ETA~ monitor again today to rule out allergic reaction. Maybe she is getting a bug...
    Nope, no other reactions. It's been almost 24 hrs. I'm just going to let it ride & let family know (so they don't try and sneak in ice cream while I turn around.)
    Nursed for 18 months

DD had some issue with yogurt too, if I gave her more than a quater tsp(I used to give her store brand plain yogurt) she used to have upset stomach . So I bought yogurt starter powder and I made plain yogurt with whole cows milk at home .Thank God now she has no problem with it!!

BM is, technically dairy...... So what is being said is no to cows' milk which if LO has been bf oc they may not tolerate.

I am seriously considering making bm yoghurt - safe, nutritious, and I know exactly which heifer produced it.....