Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank your boss!

Default Re: Thank your boss!

Thanks Shannon! That's exactly what I was looking for!

JSMom - I wish you were my boss. My workplace is completely unsupportive of new moms nursing or not. I have to try to find a place to pump - sometimes having to resort to my car and then getting harrassed because I took the time out. My boss acts like you are betraying him by having children. To hear about supportive environments is like dreaming I am on a secluded beach. My best to all the bosses who do what they can to encourage a supportive atmosphere. The world needs more people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmom
    One of the women who works for me had a baby three months after the birth of my own DS. I've been as supportive as I can be; did an extended maternity leave for her, gave her an entire newborn wardrobe for her son (my DS's handmedowns), continue to allow totally flexible work schedules, part time, as many breaks as needed to pump, provided a new laptop computer so she could work from home on days that she was supposed to be in but just couldn't manage it, even allowed the new mom to bring in her DS when she has been necessary at meetings or something but had last-minute issues with childcare. I've personally spent alot of time and energy (and > $1K in funds from my operating budget) getting a new secure, safe, clean, comfortable lactation room put in to our building so that she and several other new moms have a reliable private place to pump. jsmom

that's so nice! I am so lucky my boss let's me work from home part of the week along with pumping at work. Althoguh, I think the idea of pumping makes him feel awkward... but that makes me laugh.