Hi,
This website has been so helpful. It is great to know that others are in the same boat as we are. I've been working with a great LC and a postpartum Doula/RN. They have helped so much but I think mom's who have been in this situation would be so much more help.
I have a 3 week old son. At the 2 week check up he had not regained his birthweight! We were waking him and feeding him every 2 hours.
So we started pumping and rented a scale. we realized that he was only getting about .6 oz per feeding So we had to supplement with formula. Now a week later we are nursing first then I am pumping afterwards while DH gives him a bottle of expressed milk to equal 2.5 ounces. My supply has increased and now he is taking about 1 oz and pumping about an ounce. Right now it is enough to keep him fed and just giving him him formula at the night feedings. Now we are waking him up every three hours--he still doesnt wake to eat except at night.

I'd like to first wean him off the formula then wean him off the bottle. does anyone have expeience with this?
When I BF him he tries and he will usually give it about 15 minutes per side, which is ok, but he seems to prefer the bottle. he really gulps it down fast. I'm worried that he will completely give up if we don't get him off the bottle soon.
Any advice is welcome!
Thanks a million!
Holly