Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to go back to the breast?

Default Re: Is it possible to go back to the breast?

You are amazing! Reading this just brought . I am so proud of you that you stuck with it and helped make the transition back to breast work.

I also want to say that be prepared for her to want to nurse a lot at night without a pacifier. It's a trade off, but for me it was well worth it. We started cosleeping at three months and now at 10 months DD still nurses all night long some nights. But I cherish the time and haven't forgotten we were very close to EPing.

I'm so glad things are going well!!!!!
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    I also want to say that be prepared for her to want to nurse a lot at night without a pacifier. It's a trade off, but for me it was well worth it. We started cosleeping at three months and now at 10 months DD still nurses all night long some nights. But I cherish the time and haven't forgotten we were very close to EPing.
    Oh yes... she does that. She nurses herself to sleep around midnight, I put her in her crib (right near our bed) and when she wakes up at 4-5 AM, I take her to our bed and she nurses on and off until 9 AM... then I get up and put her back in her crib, where she sleeps until 11.

I love the co-sleeping, and I love this schedule of ours, but it will have to change because next week I'll be working twice a week and I'll need to leave the house at 7:30. She'll be with her daddy one of he days, and with a sitter on the other. Upon advice of the local LLL leader, I bought a sippy cup (the baby is now 5 and a half months old). But I'm not sure how this will work because for the sippy cup she needs to be awake!

Congratulations! That's such great news. Thanks for sharing it with us. So often moms post to the boards with difficulties and we never hear what happened (good or bad). It's really nice to hear some news, especially good news.