Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help with solids, please!

Default Help with solids, please!

My DD is 18 mos old, and still not eating many solids! She has dairy/soy/wheat allergy, so options have not been that great. She loves jarred food, such as Earth's Best, and she still nurses every 2-3 hours...except at night. She loves bananas, avocado, gf pancakes, sweet pots, etc. but she will not eat anything that isn't soft like these foods. She has been teething since she was 5 mos, and four molars are just about completely surfaced now. I have thought maybe the teething was her reason for not wanting to chew, but seems like it would feel good to chew some food. She loves to bite on her teether, and for me to rub her gums with my finger. She had her well check today, and doc says she hasn't gained in 3 months. She wants us to come back in 2-3 mos and recheck. She was 23-1/2 lbs. I am just concerned that her food allergies, and maybe laziness on my part for not making her food...are delaying her learning to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to eat more solids? I add olive oil to her foods sometimes, but I need to get more fat in her diet according to her doc. I am not trying nuts of any kind until 3, unless her allergist suggests doing so in September. Thanks in advance!!!
    I'm Misty, Mama to Brenna, enjoying every minute of every day with my sweet baby girl. 1-14-08...9 lbs 12 oz...yes, I forgot the pain!

Married to my soulmate since 2001.

Top 8 free...and then some...still playing detective!!

Default Re: Help with solids, please!

is she still nursing well?

Default Re: Help with solids, please!

yes she nurses very well...as i said still every 2-3 hours...sometimes more. she will eat a good bit of jarred food some days, and doesn't want any food on other days. i know this is normal, but i'm worried about her not wanting to eat anything she really has to chew. i'm not sure if it's a texture aversion or what...just need some ideas or thoughts from any of you who may have or have had a similar problem. thanks so much!
    I'm Misty, Mama to Brenna, enjoying every minute of every day with my sweet baby girl. 1-14-08...9 lbs 12 oz...yes, I forgot the pain!

Married to my soulmate since 2001.

Top 8 free...and then some...still playing detective!!