Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The wonders of blueberry poop

Default Re: The wonders of blueberry poop

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    If we had a poop subforum I would post this there....
    I remember the first time I came into work and started talking about poop. I said you truly know you are a parent when you talk about poop and that is all you worry about, when, where, what, how etc... it becomes a parental obsession!

My LO has a love/hate relationship with blueberries. He loved them one day so we bought more and now he is not to sure about them. I put it in his mouth and he balances it between his top and bottom teeth and then grins. I am never sure if he is going to pop it or spit it out! Thankfully more stay in than hit the bib!
    First time Mom to Baylor born 11/16/2008

I love and.

Emily & Lyn, I thought of you today after changing an okra/blueberry diaper.

Reading this thread made me laugh.... DS also has weird poops after eating blueberries (he's 21 months). He loves them and shovels them in by the dozens. We always know we're in for it the next day, though. I was kind of worried about it until I read this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amy.marie View Post
    There is nothing like a blueberry diaper.
    Blueberry carpet.

For some reason, blueberries come rushing right out the other end within an hour of DS eating them. I discovered this during some naked baby time right after dinner a while back. Needless to say, he's not allowed to eat them anymore.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Hey mamas,,, i was wondering, DS is 10 months old and only has two teeth in the front on the bottom,, can I still give him whole blueberries to try? He has had the pureed with apples but not whole......
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*chi829 View Post
    Hey mamas,,, i was wondering, DS is 10 months old and only has two teeth in the front on the bottom,, can I still give him whole blueberries to try? He has had the pureed with apples but not whole......
    Yes, they mash food with their gums in the back where there aren't teeth for a long time. FWIW, my first two DDs didn't have a single tooth until 12 months and ate everything other babies did by then. Blueberries are the most awesome food I think.

Teal, you had me about the blueberry carpet!!!

We did freeze-dried blueberries until kiddo started really chewing his food. I'd buy Just Blueberries via co-op and DS would blow through them--still does.

And yes, our diapers are stained. Sun doesn't help much with blueberry poop stains.
    Mum to DS (04/07)
    EPing for former 28 weeker (03/12)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krasota View Post
    We did freeze-dried blueberries until kiddo started really chewing his food. I'd buy Just Blueberries via co-op and DS would blow through them--still does.

And yes, our diapers are stained. Sun doesn't help much with blueberry poop stains.
    I started using fleece liners in my diapers for this very reason. And what gets on the diaper I put a little Bac Out or Oxiclean on it and a little rinse on the spot and the stains come right out. I know I am probably a little OCD but her diapers would be tie dye with blueberry stains otherwise because she eats them *a lot*.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    her diapers would be tie dye with blueberry stains otherwise because she eats them *a lot*.

Yes, just alternate blueberries with beets and carrots!

I love it!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post

Yes, just alternate blueberries with beets and carrots!

I love it!
    hmmm...I think we may have something here.....