Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The wonders of blueberry poop

Default The wonders of blueberry poop

If we had a poop subforum I would post this there....

E has recently discovered the joy of eating blueberries. We waited until a couple of weeks ago thinking she is now of an age where she can mash the skins well. She thinks blueberries are the greatest thing on the planet and voraciously plucks them with her pincers and once they are in her mouth smooshes her hand flat to make sure they stay. She will put 2-3 in her mouth so fast.

We were at the market today and when we got to the blueberries she shrieked "nanana" (which means food ) over and over and tried to fling herself at the cartons.

Some of you may remember me talking about E's constipation (since birth) but now she is pooping 2-3 times a day with no trouble and the poops bring a lot of joy to the house because they are the right consistency and we have a happy baby for the first time ever!!

All this in spite of their rank color and disconcerting blueberry smell.

Default Re: The wonders of blueberry poop

DS is the same way with okra - it is a lovely green mess the day after he eats it...

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Thats great news. Blueberries are a huge hit here too. Nothing like pulling blueberry skins out of your washer and dryer after diaper laundry.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I was eyeballing okra today. I am going to go back and buy some and cook it super soft. I bet it's fun to eat and if it brings poop it brings happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    Thats great news. Blueberries are a huge hit here too. Nothing like pulling blueberry skins out of your washer and dryer after diaper laundry.
    I have been a little OCD about cleaning the poop diapers up right away. I use fleece liners and until recently the poops hardly happened so it was easy. I forgot a fleece liner this morning and she had a massive poop in a brand new BG.

Such a great brain food!!! My LO's love them also. I will have to try okra with them. Why haven't I yet? I'm a bad mommy...
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*twokmommy View Post
    Such a great brain food!!! My LO's love them also. I will have to try okra with them. Why haven't I yet? I'm a bad mommy...
    Too be fair...his grandmommy is the one who gets it for him...mommy - not so much

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

FIL has blueberry trees so we have been getting blueberries. they are yummy and N loves them too. i was kinda shocked to see the skins in his BM the next day.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

That is so cool! I wish we had some we could pick!! Isn't baby poop a crazy thing? I'm always analyzing it. The blueberries are especially something.

Both my kids love love love blueberries. DH doesn't want me to feed then to DD anymore cause they stain her little butt and reek to high heaven. There is nothing like a blueberry diaper.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies