Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: slightly off topic--vivid dreams?

Default slightly off topic--vivid dreams?

Hi ladies,

I have a wacky question here. I know it is common in late pregnancy to have vivid dreams because of hormones, but what about when nursing? I have really vivid dreams almost every night--some bad, some not so bad, almost never good. Last night I dreamt about work so much I felt like I had put in a full day when I got up this morning!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this bizarre? In case it has to do with the timing of things post-partum (which it might since my hair just started falling out???), my son is 4 1/2 months old. Thanks for any insights you have!

Default Re: slightly off topic--vivid dreams?

OMG! My daughter is 4 1/2 months old and my hair is fallling out and I'm having really really strange dreams too!! I dream about getting into car crashes and getting mugged....about work and rarely sex...but of course, I can't remember those as well! They are, like you said, rarely good dreams...
    It must be PP hormones. Also, I'm experiences A LOT of break outs... do you have that problem too? Nothing I've tried has worked.

Hi,

That's wild you are having the same thing go on!! I am so glad I asked! I have dreams about car crashes too, but I thought that was because I was in an accident.

My face is breaking out a bit too--near my mouth like it used to the week before my period. I've given up on doing anything about that. I wish there was a guide to PP stuff like there is for every week/month of pregnancy.

I hope some moms with slightly older babies tell us what comes next or if it gets better!

My DS is 4 months old, and it's been the same thing here! They haven't been nightmares exactly but they have been very vivid and complicated...like a spy thriller with lots of odd characters, highspeed car crashes, and twisty plots.

I tend not to remember them in the morning, thankfully.

This morning, though, I did remember a dream relevant to this forum. I was in the audience at the Oprah show and they were talking about a new law that was prohibiting NIP. The woman next to me had her baby in a sling, and she said: Do you want to do a nurse-in with me on TV? I agreed and then we noticed that there were other women with slings in the audience. So we were recruiting them!

Apparently, those 3 a.m. nursings are going straight to my subconscious mind. Or maybe it's because I went to an LLL meeting last Thursday...