Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: output question

Default output question

ok, so today is my first day at work and I'm pumping in lieu of feeding for the first time this morning (I have pumped after feeding to build a very small stash). I'm noticing that I'm pumping a bit more than the 3 oz bottle that I left for DD for her midmorning feeding. I think I'll end up with 4.5 oz. Now I've been going to a breastfeeding group and while there we have a scale that I can use to measure intake. The group also meets around this time of day.

So does this mean I should have left her more? Am I just lucky and will get a little extra to store?

I'm just worried that if i'm producing this much at this time that its been because she's eating it and I just didn't leave her that much.

thanks.

ETA: when i've pumped after a feeding to build my stash, its been after my our 6:30ish feeding and only that feeding, not any other, so I should have extra now from pumping for my stash.
    Last edited by @llli*persephone-ashes; July 13th, 2009 at 08:11 AM.

Default Re: output question

so now i've been back to work and i'm getting about 10 oz. I feed DD at 6:30 or so in the morning and again at 5:30. I pump 4 oz around 9:30, and 3 oz each at around 12:30 and 3.

does this sound normal? too low? diaper output is fine, she seems fine, I just wanted to get and idea if I was producing on the low end of things.

thanks!

Default Re: output question

This sounds good to me.

Here is a great like to determine how much expressed milk your lo will need while you are at work.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!