Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby led solids

Post Baby led solids

Hello Everyone,

My baby is now 8 months old I think we are already a little overdue for starting solids (yes, he shows all the signs). Anyway, I am interested in exploring Baby led solids. It's been mentioned in several threats. Does anyone know where I can find more infomration on the topic? (I am lookiing for details... e.g. which foods are appropriate to start with, bite size for the recommended foods, etc). So far, I have only found an overview article, but nothing that really tells me how to go about it.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Regards,
    Karin

Default Re: Baby led solids

Here is a resource you may find helpful: Baby Led Solids

And you can still use the food chart from Wholesome Baby to help you decide which foods to start when

Edited: Just wanted to add that Avocado and Sweet Potato are perfect first foods. Here's some nutritional info about Avocados and Sweet Potatoes
    Last edited by @llli*sch.mommy; July 12th, 2009 at 06:34 AM.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Default Re: Baby led solids

There are also some great threads in here about it. If you do a search for "BLS" or "Baby Led" in the solid foods forum you'll find a ton of great info!

The general recommendation is to start with foods like avacado, banana, and sweet potato cut into long french fry shaped pieces.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous