Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pediatric Premmie Special, Neonatal, Pediatric, or Family Doctor????

Default Pediatric Premmie Special, Neonatal, Pediatric, or Family Doctor????

Which health care do you use for the care of your premmie????

I have being seen a Pediatric but everytime she is pushing food, calories and others items and telling me that she should be gaining weight like a 2 year old. I went to see a cardiologiest because right now my daughter has in her chart Failure to Thrive due to being 5lb under weight

I have to keep reminding this dr that the baby is a premmie born at 32 week 2.9lb.....

What proffesional care do you use?

Default Re: Pediatric Premmie Special, Neonatal, Pediatric, or Family Doctor????

We use a regular pediatrician, but we interviewed a bunch and made sure that the one we landed on had "preemie experience." I still, however, find myself reminding her though that he was born early.

Through our hospital, we also would see the neonatologist that runs the NICU every four months, but after his last visit, she said he was doing fine and we could come back at 2 yrs. That is common practice at our hospital to have the NICU staff follow up until they are 4.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Default Re: Pediatric Premmie Special, Neonatal, Pediatric, or Family Doctor????

I wish I could have that.... Right now my DD is only seen for the pediatrician and I feel quit insecure about her knowing what she is talking about... with a regular full term baby I dont dought her but i feel she has the same expections with her as with a full term....

I like this pedi because she is bf support, but other then that I am not too confident about her

Can you interview other doctors to maybe find someone with more preemie experience? Or maybe you could schedule and appt with a neonatologist?
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I am calling the hospital and see if I can get a reference for a pediatrician and/or an appointment with the Neonatologist....

The baby has few marks under her neck, what i was told was that probably the umbilical cord was around her neck, but I need to review the medical records to confirm....

Why its so hard to get good care

I know mama. It is so frustrating! Good luck finding someone that you like and is good with your LO!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

I called the hospital, and made an appointment with the neonathologist

They told me that DD didnt need fallow-up visits, and they only do that with critical cases... But the appointment is for the 27th so far....

thanks for listening mama... Hopefully this is it

Good luck mama! Keep us posted!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel