Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Whiney baby

Default Whiney baby

Hi. I work full time and pump and EBF while home. My LO is constantly whining at me while home now. He is now 5 months. I nurse him pretty much all night long, I am not complaining, just mentioning. During the day daddy will hold him so I can get some things done or just have a moment to myself and he is constantly whining for me to nurse him. It makes me feel bad but also frustrated at the same time. Is he really starving? It seems that he is constantly eating. Thanks for any advice you working mama's may have.
    Dexter Thomas- Born February 4, 2009 6lbs 12 3/4oz.
    We love to and .I used to work full time and pump but now I am a SAHM. We still BF like crazy!!!

Default Re: Whiney baby

Could be a growth spurt. How long has it been going on?

It has been happening for a couple weeks. I know I should have mentioned this, but he has gone through a bunch of things lately. two bottom teeth are now cut and he started rolling over AND is trying to crawl. So this could be the reason. I just feel so bad that he is constantly grunting at me. As soon as he sees me he will do this laugh cry thing and grunt. Kind of cute but sometimes I just want a couple minutes to clean up a bit. Maybe I am just overwhelmed right now.
    We love to and .I used to work full time and pump but now I am a SAHM. We still BF like crazy!!!

I feel your frustration! Mine is always whining at me too when I'm trying to get stuff done even when Daddy is playing, it's like she ALWAYS wants MY attention. I also feel bad too because I'd love to give her the attention rather than clean the kitchen for the 10th time in a day, or do school work. I'm looking forward to reading any of the advice you might get
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dextersmomma View Post
    It has been happening for a couple weeks. I know I should have mentioned this, but he has gone through a bunch of things lately. two bottom teeth are now cut and he started rolling over AND is trying to crawl. So this could be the reason. I just feel so bad that he is constantly grunting at me. As soon as he sees me he will do this laugh cry thing and grunt. Kind of cute but sometimes I just want a couple minutes to clean up a bit. Maybe I am just overwhelmed right now.
    Yes that could be the reason/s

So go ahead and make sure he's fed and changed and dry and comfy and hand him to daddy when he's not tired and have daddy take him out sdie for a stroll or a look around and take in those moments you need to do what you need. Sometimes as new moms we're used to doing things in long spurts like 15 minutes or more... (crazy right ) but when baby comes we have to carve out our time a bit more creatively and a little less at a time. So maybe 'schedule' time throughout your day to have daddy take him for 10 minutes... really use those moments to be busy doing what you're doing... and if daddy takes him out of the house (like a walk around the block or something) it helps clear your mind and gets you out of sight for baby (Plus some of them just love being out of doors)

think about it and see what you can do.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

DS was always whinier/clingier when he was either on a growth spurt OR working on a milestone OR teething - with pp re giving him to your DH so that you can have a short sanity break, and remember - THIS TOO SHALL PASS. And someday, when your toddler is running around nonstop, part of you will miss your cuddly - and yes, even whiny - little baby.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Just wanted to say, that I had DH take DD outside to play yesterday when I was trying to get some school work done. It worked great since she loves being outside and I didn't hear her whining (bc she wasn't)! I guess if I'm out of sight/out of mind. That was a great suggestion!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Yes, I agree. I also had DF take Dex outside and I got so much done in a short amount of time. Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes I think he gets bored inside. It has rained almost nonstop here for about a month so now that it is finally nice out he gets to enjoy the weather

Totally agree with the point that if you really need a break, you may not be able to be in the same room/house as baby. My son is like that too. If he and my DH go off for a run together, they are great. If he's in the house with me, he wants my attention, and I give it to him!
    Ellen

Mama-surgeon;
    DS Ethan 12/16/2008
    Breast fed/pumped 11 months as a surgical resident, 80 hours a week at work
    DS Abram Daniel 12/20/2012
    Feel like we've gotten a strong start