Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reducing daily pumpings

Default Reducing daily pumpings

Hi,

I am an exclusive pumper and I have been back to work for 6 weeks now. And, I think I would have a lot less stress if I went from 4 to 3 pumps today. I have a big freezer supply of BM to supplement.

1) Any ideas on how to wean myself down with less pain? Some days when I miss a pumping have been super painful and gotten me close to clogging my ducts. I also find that I need to pump longer to keep up my supply when I wean down.

2) Do working moms have recommendations on when are the best times to pump to balance work/meetings/kids/rest? Right now I pump (at least try to stick to these times) at 7 am, 1 pm, 6 pm (on the drive home), 12 pm.

-Toni

Default Re: Reducing daily pumpings

*bump*
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Default Re: Reducing daily pumpings

You can adjust the timing of your pumping session by a little bit each day, spacing them out more until your 1st session is a little later and your last session a little earlier with only one session in between. If you do it slowly you shouldn't have as much problem with engorgement.

I pump somewhere between 10-11, somewhere between 12:30-2, and sometimes a 3rd session around 3:15, depending on how the other 2 are timed. If I feel like I need more milk I'll pump again after the baby has gone to bed, at least an hour after his last feeding.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous