Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Returning to work part time

Default Returning to work part time

I have returned to work part time and Tessa refuses to take pumped milk froma bottle. Im lucky if she drinks an ounce of it. She willwait ukntil I am home. If i do allow her to wait until I am home she only gets 3 Bf sessions in a day and I know that at 10 months she should have atleast 4 Bf sessions in a day.

I recently tried to give her homo milk in a sippy while i was away but she will not drink it (cold or warm) but she does drink juice from the sippy (maybe 2 ounces)

I also tried to give her milk from the bottle but she refuses the bottle.

Is it ok to only nurse 3 times a day? and have her hold out for like up to 7 hours to nurse?

If not how can I get her drink the homo milk while Im away? And how much of it should she be drinking?
    Darling Daughter Tessa born Sept 8th 2008 at 39 wks weighing 4lbs 13oz

Default Re: Returning to work part time

Is she eating solid foods? She will probably start nursing more frequently once you go back to work. I don't think I'd stress too much about getting her to take a bottle while you are gone. I'd keep offering it, but if she's eating solids and nursing while you are together I think she'll be fine. Keep a close eye on wet diaper count just to be sure.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Returning to work part time

yes she is eating solid foods, three meals a day...most days.
    Darling Daughter Tessa born Sept 8th 2008 at 39 wks weighing 4lbs 13oz